Adobe Programs Won't Save My Memory Settings - Any Ideas?

Hey folks, I'm running into an annoying issue with my Adobe programs (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.). Every time I adjust the memory settings to allocate more RAM, the programs seem to forget my settings after I close and reopen them. It's driving me nuts because I have to keep reconfiguring everything each time I start a project. My system specs are: Dell XPS 15, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti. Has anyone else dealt with this or know a fix? Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

This issue with Adobe programs not saving memory settings can be pretty frustrating. Corrupted preferences or a permissions problem often causes it. First, try resetting the preferences by holding Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting the program.

If that doesn’t work, you might need to manually edit or delete the preferences file located in your user profile folder. Also, make sure you’re running the software as an administrator, as this can sometimes prevent settings from being saved. Here’s an article that goes into more detail on how to troubleshoot this

I had a similar issue with After Effects. After a lot of digging, I found that reinstalling the program while running the installer as an administrator finally solved the problem. Maybe give that a go?

This is a known bug with some Adobe programs. I found a helpful YouTube tutorial that walks through how to fix it by editing the preferences file manually.

It appears that your Adobe programs may be experiencing difficulties in saving memory settings, which can often be attributed to permission issues or corrupted preferences files.

I recommend starting by running the programs as an administrator to ensure they have the necessary permissions to save settings. Additionally, resetting or manually deleting the preferences file may resolve the issue.

This file is typically located within your user profile, and a fresh one will be generated upon the program's next launch. Should the problem persist, you may want to consider reinstalling the software or checking for any available updates from Adobe.