Computer keeps crashing after installing new RAM

Hi everyone, I just installed new RAM in my computer and now it keeps crashing. I thought I installed it correctly and it’s the right type for my motherboard. The crashes are random and sometimes I get a blue screen of death. What could be going wrong? Do I need to change any BIOS settings or run some diagnostics?

Oh man, I had the same issue a while back. Turns out I had installed the RAM sticks in the wrong slots. Double-check your motherboard manual for the correct placement. Hope that helps!

This could be related to a faulty RAM stick. Try testing each stick individually to see if one of them is causing the problem.

If you're getting crashes, it might be worth checking your power supply too. Sometimes, new RAM can push your PSU over the edge if it's already close to its limit. What wattage is your PSU?

It’s possible your system isn’t stable with the new RAM timings. You might need to manually adjust the timings in the BIOS. Here’s a helpful video on tweaking RAM settings

Thank you for reaching out. The crashes you're experiencing after installing new RAM could be due to several factors, including compatibility issues, incorrect installation, or even power supply limitations.

First, please ensure that the new RAM is compatible with your motherboard. If it is, I recommend running a memory diagnostic tool like MemTest86 to check for any errors.

Additionally, make sure your BIOS is up-to-date, as outdated firmware can cause instability with new hardware. If you continue to experience issues, feel free to provide us with your system specs, and we'll assist you further.

Have you tried updating your BIOS? Sometimes new hardware needs the latest BIOS version to work correctly. Here's a quick guide I found helpful.