Constant Connection Drops with Modem

I'm having the same issue with Telstra in Australia using a TP-Link Archer AX50. They've replaced the modem twice, and the problem is still there. They've sent out a couple of techs, but no one can figure out what's going on.

The issue is that both the Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections randomly drop, and I have to reboot the modem to get it back up, sometimes up to 12 times a day. They admit there's a problem but haven't done a deep dive into it.

They keep blaming my setup because I have a 12-port switch on the network, but it's unmanaged, and even when I disconnect it, the Wi-Fi (both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) still goes down. Right now, I'm rebooting daily just to keep things running, but I'm seriously thinking about switching ISP.

Man, that sounds like a nightmare! 😩 Have you tried running the modem without any devices connected to see if it still drops? That might help prove it's not your setup. Also, could be worth trying a different model of router if you can get your hands on one. Sometimes certain routers just don't play well with certain ISPs.

That's rough! Maybe give a call to Telstra and insist on talking to a higher-level tech support or a manager. Sometimes you gotta push to get them to take your issue more seriously. Also, check out some forums for your router and see if others are having the same problem—there might be a firmware update or a workaround that's not widely known.