[EXCLUSIVE] Battlefield 7 Seemingly Going Open World

Hello everyone,

I just came across this job listing for a Senior Environment Artist - BATTLEFIELD at EA Motive. The team is currently supporting DICE with the next Battlefield, and this job listing suggests that the next Battlefield game will incorporate Open-World elements.

Battlefield-Open-World.JPG

While Battlefield has always had bigger and more open areas than most first person shooter games, this might be a case where DICE took inspiration from Activision. Modern Warfare 3 had open-world-style missions in the campaign, so Battlefield might be doing something similar. On the other hand, the multiplayer maps could also be much bigger than before, taking the series closer to an open world.

Wow, this could be a game-changer for Battlefield. Open-world environments might give players more freedom, but I hope they don't lose the intense, moment-to-moment action that made the series great. Imagine being able to plan your own routes, set up ambushes, or control the battlefield in a way we’ve never seen before. The possibilities are exciting, but they have to get the balance right. If it's too big, players might end up wandering around with nothing to do, which could kill the pacing. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach map design and gameplay mechanics in this new format.

Not sure how I feel about Battlefield going open-world. Won't it lose the tight, focused action it's known for? 🤔

Remember when Call of Duty went open-world with Warzone? Maybe Battlefield’s taking notes. But does this mean more microtransactions and less focus on team play? That’s my worry.

Open-world Battlefield? Sounds like a mix of chaos and epic gameplay moments! Can't wait to see how they'll balance it.

So, if Battlefield 7 is going open-world, do you think they'll include dynamic weather or day-night cycles? That could really add to the immersion!

I agree, it seems like they might be drawing some inspiration from Modern Warfare's recent campaign style. It'll be exciting to see how this plays out, especially in multiplayer.