[Exclusive] Bioshock 4 Aiming For “Jaw-Dropping Next-Gen Visuals” With Unreal Engine 5

Hello everyone! I just spotted this job listing for a Senior Environment Modeler at Cloud Chamber. The studio is working on Bioshock 4 and says the game will aim for jaw-dropping visuals.

"Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Modeler (Organic) to join our environment team and deliver high-quality, jaw-dropping, next-gen, AAA visuals."

Further emphasizing this point, Cloud Chamber states that it wants to raise the visual bar for this series.

"Use your expertise to raise the visual bar for the next installment in the BioShock franchise."

Bioshock-4-Visuals.JPG

We also know that they are using Unreal Engine 5 for the game. The engine is mentioned in this listing and multiple others.
  • Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and/or 5 is preferred.
Definitely looking forward to Bioshock 4. Hoping Cloud Chamber still keeps the series' signature art style while aiming for these visuals since Bioshock has always excelled in the art department more than raw visual fidelity. For reference, this is what the game looks like from a leaked screenshot of an early build.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MalikSajjad
The leaked screenshot looks promising. I hope they retain the eerie atmosphere Bioshock is known for.

Does anyone know if the original team members from the previous Bioshock games are working on this one? Their touch was truly unique!

I remember playing Bioshock Infinite for the first time; the art style blew me away. If they can top that with Unreal Engine 5, we're in for a treat!

As a long-time fan of the Bioshock series, I’m thrilled to hear about the push for high-quality visuals. However, I believe the game's narrative and immersive world-building are what truly set it apart. Fingers crossed Cloud Chamber keeps that in mind while developing Bioshock 4.

I've been a fan of the Bioshock series since the beginning. It's exciting to hear about the new visuals, but I hope the gameplay and story remain just as captivating.