[Exclusive] Gears of War: E-Day Multiplayer Confirmed

Hello everyone, I found a job listing for a Senior Online Client Engineer at The Coalition, which confirms multiplayer for Gears of War E-Day. The description reads:

"As part of The Coalition's Online team, you’ll work on Gears of War: E-Day. The Senior Online Client Engineer will help build the multiplayer and online experiences in our games." It also talks about user-generated content, matchmaking, and multiplayer economies.

1721047065856.png
Over in the qualifications section, this job ad also asks for:

1. Interest in multiplayer gaming
2. Experience with Xbox Live, PSN, Steam, or other online gaming platforms.

Gears-of-War-E-Day-Multiplayer-2.JPG
I know there have been doubts about Gears of War E-Day containing multiplayer elements. The Coalition strongly hinted at it in a past interview, but this job listing settles it. Multiplayer is coming for sure, so it'll be interesting to see how they go about it in this one. Share your thoughts about it below.

Last edited:
I'm all for new features, but they should prioritize making the core gameplay smooth and enjoyable first. Too many games these days are released unfinished.

This is the confirmation I needed! Multiplayer is definitely coming, and it looks like The Coalition is pulling out all the stops. Excited to see the new in-game economies and matchmaking systems!

I'm curious, how is The Coalition planning to handle player feedback for these new multiplayer features? Are they going to have a beta test phase?

This is awesome news! The Coalition really knows how to push the boundaries with their multiplayer experiences. I can't wait to see what new features they bring to Gears of War E-Day.

This is huge for Gears fans! Does anyone know if they’re planning any major changes to the matchmaking system? The current system has some flaws that need fixing.

Interesting job listing, but I hope The Coalition focuses on fixing the existing bugs in multiplayer before introducing new features. The last Gears game had so many issues at launch.

Wow, they’re looking for experience with Xbox Live, PSN, and Steam. This means they might be aiming for a cross-platform multiplayer experience.