Frequent BSOD After Deleting Files to Clear Space

Hey everyone,

I was trying to clear some space on my hard drive by deleting files I thought were non-essential. However, it looks like I may have deleted something important. My PC has been blue screening (BSOD) more and more frequently over the last few hours. It's gotten so bad that I'm lucky if it starts up at all to run any diagnostics.

Unfortunately, my last recovery save was made just after the file deletion, so reverting back isn't an option. I'm really at a loss for what to do next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you’re able to boot into Safe Mode, try running the System File Checker tool (sfc /scannow) from the command prompt. It can sometimes fix issues caused by missing or corrupted system files. If Safe Mode isn’t working, you might need to use a Windows installation USB to run a repair installation. It’ll keep your files intact but replace any missing or corrupted system files.

If you can't get into Windows at all, your best bet might be using a recovery drive or installation media to boot into the recovery environment. From there, you can try running the Startup Repair tool.