Help! Disney Plus Error Code 83 - What’s the Fix?

Hey everyone,

So, I was all set to binge-watch some Disney classics this weekend, but I got hit with the dreaded Error Code 83 on Disney Plus. 😩 Has anyone else dealt with this? What did you do to fix it?

I’m using a not-so-old device, so I don’t know if it’s a hardware issue. Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
  • Restarting my device (duh)
  • Reinstalling the Disney Plus app
Still no luck. Any tips or tricks would be super appreciated!

Thanks in advance, folks!

Last edited:
I feel your pain! Here’s a weird fix that worked for me: log out of all devices and then log back in. Seems like overkill, but it did the trick. Also, make sure your OS is up to date, not just the app

Hey! I had the same issue last week. For me, it turned out to be a compatibility problem. Make sure your device is actually supported by Disney Plus. I was using an older Android tablet that wasn't on their list. Switched to my phone and it worked fine!

Error Code 83 usually means there’s a problem with the streaming service verifying your device. Sometimes, it’s as simple as a connectivity issue. Try using a different network or resetting your router. Also, if you’re using a VPN, try turning it off. Disney Plus can be finicky with VPNs.

If nothing else works, reach out to Disney Plus support. They were surprisingly helpful when I had a similar issue. They can sometimes reset things on their end or give you more specific advice based on your account and device.