Help! iCloud for Windows Wiped My E Drive

Hey everyone,

So, here’s my issue: I recently downloaded iCloud for Windows onto a secondary E drive on my laptop. I’m pretty sure this drive came with the laptop, and it has a ton of storage. But after the download, all my stuff on that drive—around 170GB of files and folders—just disappeared.

I tried using some recovery software like 'Disk Drill,' and while they do find the lost data, they only let me recover about 500MB before asking for a ton of money. Does anyone have a more affordable way to get my files back? Also, any idea why everything vanished in the first place?

For some extra context, at some point, the drive started showing the 'downloads' folder layout in chronological order instead of the usual alphabetical layout. Not sure if I accidentally did that or if it’s related.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Oh no, that's super frustrating! 😟 Have you tried using Recuva? It's a free recovery tool that might help you get more of your data back without breaking the bank. As for why everything disappeared, it could be some weird issue with iCloud's sync settings or drive permissions. Fingers crossed you get your files back

Sometimes, just rebooting into safe mode and then running the recovery software can help get around some of those limitations. Also, make sure iCloud isn’t set to sync or move files from that drive by default – it might be trying to manage your files in a way you didn’t expect.