Solved Help! Uninstalled App Haunting My Notifications – How Do I Exorcise It?

Hey everyone,

So I’m dealing with this super annoying issue and could use some help. I uninstalled this app (Spotify, in case anyone's curious), but for some reason, it’s still haunting my notifications like a ghost. Has anyone else run into this? 🤨

Here's the deal:

1. Uninstalled Spotify because I needed a break from all the music spam.
  2. But every now and then, I still get these phantom notifications saying, "Spotify has stopped."
Like, seriously? How is this even possible? 🤯

Anyone got any ideas on what’s going on or how to banish this ghost app for good? Any tips or tricks would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance! 🙏

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
Have you tried restarting your phone? Sometimes a reboot clears out lingering notifications.

You might need to go into your settings and manually clear notifications. Try going to Settings > Notifications and see if the app is still listed there. If it is, turn off notifications for it.

This is a common issue with some apps that don’t fully clear their data upon uninstallation. One method that worked for me was to reinstall the app, open it, and then manually disable notifications from within the app settings. After that, you can uninstall the app again.

If that doesn’t work, you might want to go to Settings > Apps > Spotify and force stop it before clearing the cache and data, then uninstall it. Also, check for any app-specific settings in your notification center that might be lingering.