How to reduce CPU usage while gaming

I’ve noticed my CPU usage spikes to 100% when I’m gaming, and it’s causing lag. Any tips on how to reduce CPU usage without sacrificing too much performance? I’m running a decent setup, but this is driving me crazy

Check the background processes. Open Task Manager and see what’s eating up your CPU. Sometimes, unnecessary programs run in the background. Also, make sure your drivers are up to date, especially your GPU drivers.

lowering in-game settings can help. try reducing the graphics settings, shadows, and textures. also, set your games to prioritize GPU over CPU if the option is available. and disable any overlays like Discord or GeForce Experience that might be hogging CPU.

I'd recommend doing a clean boot of your system. This means starting Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. It helps identify if any third-party services are causing high CPU usage. You can find instructions for a clean boot on Microsoft’s website.

sometimes, just cleaning your PC helps. dust buildup can cause overheating and make your CPU work harder. open it up and carefully dust it out. make sure your cooling system is working efficiently too.