Solved HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Slows Down When Charging - Help Needed!

Hey everyone, I'm having a weird issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. It runs perfectly fine on battery, but as soon as I plug it in to charge, it slows down dramatically. Games start lagging, apps take forever to load, and overall performance just tanks. I've checked my power settings and made sure they're set to high performance, updated all my drivers, and even tried using a cooling pad to see if it was a heat issue, but nothing seems to help.

For reference, the specs are: HP Pavilion Gaming, Windows 10, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, and an NVIDIA GTX 1650. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated!

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
I had the exact same problem with my Pavilion, and it drove me nuts for weeks. Turned out, the charger was faulty and wasn’t supplying enough power, so the laptop was trying to save energy. I got a new charger, and everything went back to normal. Might be worth checking if your charger is working properly.

This message is a solution!
It sounds like your gaming laptop may be experiencing issues related to power management while charging. This can occur if the laptop’s power settings are not optimized for high performance or if there is a hardware issue, such as a faulty charger.

I recommend first checking your power plan settings in the Control Panel to ensure that it is set to "High Performance" when plugged in. Additionally, updating the BIOS and GPU drivers can often resolve these types of performance issues. If the problem persists, it may be advisable to consult with HP support for further assistance.