I bought an RTX 4090, should I undervolt it?

FlyingCadet

The title is pretty much the question. I have a Zotac Trinity RTX 4090 and while I am getting great framerates I am fine with losing some performance if it means the power consumption goes down...

Reactions: MalikSajjad
Hello,

Undervolting the RTX 4090 is a great decision to maintain the thermals and power efficiency. This card is such a beast that the performance is just too good for most games I play.

I personally have the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC, and I have also undervolted it.

I followed this video, and it worked perfectly well:

Reactions: FlyingCadet
Use MSI Afterburner, start by gradually decreasing the clock speed until you achieve the results you desire.

Make sure to play some demanding games/run stress tests to check for any stability issues.

Why would you undervolt the 4090? Shouldve gone with an AMD GPU or 4070 Ti SUPER instead if you were so concered about performance

Why would you undervolt the 4090? Shouldve gone with an AMD GPU or 4070 Ti SUPER instead if you were so concered about performance
My work needs plenty of VRAM thats why had to go with the 4090 (its the best till 5000 comes out). I need to undervolt for gaming because idc about some extra frames

Hello,

Undervolting the RTX 4090 is a great decision to maintain the thermals and power efficiency. This card is such a beast that the performance is just too good for most games I play.

I personally have the GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC, and I have also undervolted it.

I followed this video, and it worked perfectly well:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! WORKED <3