Im really confused about AMD FreeSync

Okay, so first of all, I really cant understand why there are so many FreeSync features? Whats FreeSync Premium?

Secondly, is it really a good idea to turn it on? I mostly play valo and sometimes enjoy CP 2077 (I have a 7700XT)

There are three main tiers of FreeSync:

1. FreeSync: The basic version of FreeSync, which helps to reduce screen tearing and stuttering.
  2. FreeSync Premium: This includes all the features of the basic FreeSync but adds additional capabilities such as:
    • Low frame rate compensation (LFC), which helps to maintain smooth gameplay even when the frame rate drops below the monitor's minimum refresh rate.
    • A minimum refresh rate of 120 Hz at Full HD resolution.
  3. FreeSync Premium Pro: This includes all the features of FreeSync Premium and adds support for HDR (High Dynamic Range), providing better color accuracy and contrast.
Your 7700 XT is a very good card, and it should be able to work good with FreeSync Premium. I say turn it on and play some games, if you don't like it, you can always turn it back off.

Like @UsmanSaleem said, the key benefit is that FS Premium includes LFC so youll get better performance at lower framerates. I wouldnt recommend using it for VALO tho, CP is fine

FreeSync Premium offers some extra features that the basic FreeSync doesn't. You should use it if you want no screen tearing/stuttering.