Solved Laptop Screen Glitch Every Few Seconds

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well!

I’m having this really weird issue with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop. Every few seconds, the top half of the screen glitches out and then goes back to normal. I’ve tried switching between the integrated and dedicated graphics, but nothing changes. This happens even in the BIOS and in Windows Safe Mode, so it’s not just a Windows issue. My GPU drivers are all up to date.

This started happening during a regular browsing session. There's no performance drop or anything, just this annoying screen flicker every few seconds.

I’m thinking it might be a hardware issue, like a loose connection or something with the display itself. Has anyone else dealt with something like this or got any ideas on how to fix it?

Here’s my setup:

• Model: Acer Nitro 5 2022
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5800H
  • GPU: GTX 1660 Ti
  • Display: 1920x1080 144Hz

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
Hey! Since it happens even in BIOS and Safe Mode, it definitely points towards a hardware issue. Have you tried gently flexing the lid or the body of the laptop to see if it makes the glitching worse or better? It could be a loose connection or a problem with the display cable. If you're comfortable opening up the laptop, you might want to check the display cable connections, but if not, a trip to a repair shop might be your best bet.

This message is a solution!
It does sound like a hardware problem if it’s happening outside of Windows. Sometimes these issues can be caused by a bad display panel or a loose cable inside the laptop. If you’re under warranty, I’d definitely reach out to Acer support and see if they can help.