MacBook Pro Trackpad Issues

Hello,

My MacBook Pro trackpad is acting weird. Sometimes it doesn't respond, and other times it clicks on its own. I've reset the SMC and PRAM, but the issue persists. It's a 2017 model running macOS Big Sur. Has anyone had similar issues?

Have you checked for any recent software updates? Sometimes, bugs in the macOS can cause hardware issues, and a simple update can fix it. If you’ve already updated, you might want to try reinstalling macOS Big Sur. This can fix any corrupted system files that might be affecting your trackpad. Make sure to back up your data before doing this. Here’s a detailed guide on how to reinstall macOS.

Hey, I had a similar issue with my MacBook Pro a while ago. One thing that worked for me was resetting the NVRAM. I know you mentioned resetting PRAM, but it’s worth trying again specifically for NVRAM.

Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold Option + Command + P + R for about 20 seconds. It should reset some of the hardware settings and might help with the trackpad issue.

Did you try booting in Safe Mode to see if the problem persists? It could be a software issue causing this behavior.