Solved My cpu is ryzen 5700x despite using a good cooler

fuzzy46

hey guys,
i followed one of your guides and got a noctua nh u12a for my ryzen 5 5600x, i installed the cooler watching a youtube videoo

the issue now im facing is that my cpu is not running good and im getting high temperatures around 80 85 degree in forza horizon, i asked my friend and he is saying air coolers dont do good with ryzen cpus

any help??

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
Hello @fuzzy46,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have had the pleasure of testing the Noctua NH-U12A quite a few times with different processors, and the cooler has never disappointed me.

There could be several reasons why you're not getting the expected performance out of your build.

1) As @puzzledtabatha mentioned, make sure you're using the right amount of thermal paste. For instance, I always go for 4 drops at each corner and one at the center.
2) Check the overall cooling configuration of your PC. There is a big chance the fans in your case are oriented incorrectly that is causing the issue. I say take off the side panels and then note the temperatures.
3) Make sure you've installed the cooler correctly. You mentioned that you've watched a YT video, but any inaccuracy in the mounting pressure could cause the issue as well. You can take the PC to any nearby hardware shop and have the cooler re-seated. Similarly, you can also have any friend who know PC building help you out.

These could potentially solve your problem, but if you're still facing the same issue, please get back to me and I'll assist you.

This message is a solution!