Need Help Upgrading to New Ryzen CPU Without Losing Files

Hey everyone,I’m thinking about upgrading my PC to the latest Ryzen CPU, but I’m worried about losing my files when I switch out the motherboard. I’ve got a 1TB SSD where everything, including Windows, is stored. I want to move just the Windows OS to a new, faster 512GB SSD, but I’m not sure if the migration process will only transfer Windows or if it’ll take everything. Has anyone gone through this and can share some tips? Really appreciate any help!

Hey there! I just went through something similar when I upgraded my PC. Moving your Windows OS to a new SSD is definitely doable without losing your files. You’ll want to use a tool like Macrium Reflect to clone just your OS partition. It’s pretty straightforward—just make sure to back up your important files first, just in case.

Yo, I totally get the worry about losing files during the upgrade. When I did mine, I used a tool called EaseUS Todo Backup. It lets you clone only the system partition, so your other files stay put on the old SSD.