New Laptop Losing 30% Battery in 5 Minutes

Hey everyone,

My new laptop is losing 30% battery in just 5 minutes, and I'm not sure what's causing it. The laptop is brand new, so this seems pretty weird. I don't have much more info right now, but any advice or troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

Hey! That’s definitely not normal for a new laptop. First, I’d check if there are any background processes or apps running that might be eating up your battery. You can use the Task Manager to see if anything looks off. Also, make sure your laptop’s firmware and all drivers are up to date. Sometimes a simple update can fix these kinds of issues. If it persists, it might be worth contacting the manufacturer for a replacement.

First thing I'd do is boot into safe mode and see if the battery still drains quickly there. If it doesn't, it's probably a software issue. If it does, it might be a hardware problem. You should also try calibrating the battery—let it drain completely and then charge it back to 100%. If none of that works, I’d definitely reach out to customer support since it’s brand new.