Solved OneDrive Not Syncing Across My Desktop and Laptop

Hey everyone,

I'm having a bit of an issue with OneDrive and could use some advice. I use both a desktop and a laptop, and I log into both with my Microsoft ID. My laptop is mainly for drawing, and I save all my work to OneDrive. However, when I try to access OneDrive from my desktop, none of my saved material is there.

I thought OneDrive was supposed to sync all my data across all platforms seamlessly. What am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
OneDrive should definitely be syncing your files across devices. First thing I'd check is whether you're signed into the same Microsoft account on both devices. If that's all good, make sure OneDrive is actually running and syncing on both the laptop and desktop. Sometimes it can get paused or encounter errors. You can also manually trigger a sync by right-clicking the OneDrive icon in the system tray and selecting "Sync now."

I’ve had similar issues before, and it’s usually something simple. Double-check that the files are actually being saved to the OneDrive folder on your laptop. Sometimes they might be saved locally by accident. Also, make sure you have enough storage space on OneDrive—if you’re out of space, it won’t sync new files. Lastly, try signing out and back into OneDrive on both devices to reset the connection.

This message is a solution!