Solved PC Shutting Off Only During Loading Screens of Heavy Games

Hey everyone,

I’m having this weird issue and hoping someone here might have a clue. My PC shuts off completely, but ONLY during the loading screens of some heavy games. It’s like it can handle the gameplay, but freaks out when it’s loading up.

Specs:
  • CPU: Intel i7-9700K
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4
  • PSU: 650W Gold
Has anyone dealt with something like this before? Could it be a power spike issue during loading? Or maybe something’s up with my RAM? I’m at a loss here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
Your PSU might be struggling to provide enough power during those peak moments when the game is loading. While 650W Gold should be enough for your setup, it’s possible that it’s not delivering power consistently.

I’d recommend trying a higher wattage PSU or borrowing one from a friend to test. Also, check your BIOS settings for any power-saving features that might be interfering. Additionally, ensure all your power connectors are securely plugged in and not loose. Running a stress test on your GPU and CPU can help identify if the PSU is the culprit. Good luck!

This message is a solution!
Hey, that’s super weird! Have you checked your PSU? Maybe it’s not providing enough power during those intense loading screens.

Could be overheating. Try monitoring your CPU and GPU temps during those loading screens to see if there’s a spike.