USB ports stopped working on my desktop

Suddenly, none of the USB ports on my desktop are working. I’ve tried different devices, but no luck. The ports were working fine until a recent Windows update. I’ve checked the Device Manager and there are no error messages. I’ve also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB drivers, but it didn’t help. Any ideas on how to get them working again?

I had the same problem last month. Turns out my drivers were outdated. Updating the USB drivers fixed it for me.

Sometimes, the USB controller can get stuck. Try shutting down your PC, unplugging it from the power source, and holding down the power button for about 30 seconds.

Have you checked the Device Manager? Look under “Universal Serial Bus controllers” to see if there’s a yellow triangle or something like that. If there is, you might need to reinstall the drivers. Here’s a video that might help

Sorry to hear about the issue with your USB ports. This could be due to a few different factors. First, please try updating your motherboard’s chipset drivers, as these control the USB ports. If that doesn’t work, try checking the BIOS settings to ensure the USB ports are enabled.

Another potential solution is to reset the CMOS by removing the motherboard battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it. If none of these solutions work, it could be a hardware issue, and further diagnostics might be needed. Let us know if you need more help!