Weird Keyboard Mapping Issue

Hey folks,

I'm running into a bizarre problem with my keyboard mapping and could really use some help.

Issue: Some keys on my keyboard are suddenly mapped incorrectly. For example, when I press "W" it types "Z" and vice versa. It’s driving me nuts!

This started happening out of the blue. No recent updates or new software installs that I can think of. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips or solutions would be amazing!

Thanks!

Do you have another keyboard you can test? This could help determine if it’s a hardware or software problem.

Hey, I experienced this too. Try going to your keyboard settings and resetting to default. Worked for me!

This happened to me after a Windows update. I had to go to Settings > Time & Language > Language, and set the correct keyboard layout. Here’s a video that might help

Hey there! This could be due to your keyboard layout being changed accidentally, which is quite common.

For example, pressing Alt + Shift or Ctrl + Shift might switch the layout. To fix this, go to Settings > Time & Language > Language > Preferred languages, and make sure your default input language is set correctly.

If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your keyboard drivers through Device Manager. If you have a spare keyboard, try plugging it in to see if the issue is hardware-related. Sometimes these simple steps can save a lot of hassle. Good luck!