Whats the best polling rate for my Reddragon M602?

Hey there,

I recently got this Redragon M602 I didnt have a lot of budget and a friend recommended this mouse so I went for it. I wanted to ask about DPIs.

The mouse says it has 800/1200/1600/2400/7200 DPI range, can someone guide me what range should I keep my mouse on? I only play Fortnite and sometimes ARMA 3

There is no best DPI

It is very dynamic and varies from game to game and person to person

You gotta play and see which DPI works best for you

PS: Pray your mouse doesnt by the time you read this reply, it is not a very good choice

I asked ChatGPT your question xD

For Fortnite and ARMA 3, DPI (dots per inch) settings can significantly impact your gameplay experience. Here's a general guide for DPI settings:

Fortnite​

• Low DPI (400-800): Preferred by many professional players for precision aiming. This setting requires larger mouse movements, which can help with accuracy.
  • Medium DPI (800-1600): A balanced setting that offers a good mix of speed and accuracy. Many players find this range comfortable.
  • High DPI (1600-2400+): Useful for players who prefer quick movements and turning. It might be too sensitive for precise aiming but can be adjusted in-game.

ARMA 3​

• Low DPI (400-800): Useful for precise shooting and sniping. ARMA 3's tactical and realistic nature benefits from lower DPI for better control.
  • Medium DPI (800-1600): Provides a good balance for general gameplay, allowing for both quick and precise movements.
  • High DPI (1600-2400+): Can be too sensitive for the game's realistic mechanics, but might be useful in vehicles or for quick navigation.

Recommendations​

• Starting Point: Try starting at 800 DPI and adjust based on your comfort and performance in the game.
  • Fine-Tuning: Use in-game sensitivity settings to fine-tune your aiming and movement.
  • Personal Preference: Ultimately, the best DPI setting is the one that feels most comfortable and natural to you. Experiment with different settings and see what works best for your playstyle.
You can always adjust the DPI settings on-the-fly if your mouse has dedicated buttons for it, which allows you to switch between different settings depending on the situation in the game.

@AileenSpark

I asked ChatGPT your question xD

For Fortnite and ARMA 3, DPI (dots per inch) settings can significantly impact your gameplay experience. Here's a general guide for DPI settings:

Fortnite​

• Low DPI (400-800): Preferred by many professional players for precision aiming. This setting requires larger mouse movements, which can help with accuracy.
  • Medium DPI (800-1600): A balanced setting that offers a good mix of speed and accuracy. Many players find this range comfortable.
  • High DPI (1600-2400+): Useful for players who prefer quick movements and turning. It might be too sensitive for precise aiming but can be adjusted in-game.

ARMA 3​

• Low DPI (400-800): Useful for precise shooting and sniping. ARMA 3's tactical and realistic nature benefits from lower DPI for better control.
  • Medium DPI (800-1600): Provides a good balance for general gameplay, allowing for both quick and precise movements.
  • High DPI (1600-2400+): Can be too sensitive for the game's realistic mechanics, but might be useful in vehicles or for quick navigation.

Recommendations​

• Starting Point: Try starting at 800 DPI and adjust based on your comfort and performance in the game.
  • Fine-Tuning: Use in-game sensitivity settings to fine-tune your aiming and movement.
  • Personal Preference: Ultimately, the best DPI setting is the one that feels most comfortable and natural to you. Experiment with different settings and see what works best for your playstyle.
You can always adjust the DPI settings on-the-fly if your mouse has dedicated buttons for it, which allows you to switch between different settings depending on the situation in the game.

This is a great explanation to your answer. I would say try these settings and see which one works for you the best. DPI is a very subjective matter, what may work for me may never work out for you - so you have to try different settings to find the right one for yourself.