Whats the right mobo/ram combo for 7800x3d?

Okay, seeing how everyone is literally drooling over the gaming performance of the 7800x3d, esp considering its power consumption, I have given up and decided to upgrade my PC. I am currently on a 11700K, so i'm looking at a complete upgrade (except for the GPU, alr have the 3080). My main question is, which mobo and RAM should I buy for it?

I am not into extreme performance or overclocking nor flashy looks or RGB. I just need something that does the job well, offfers solid performance, and is good value

Reactions: sameedhussain
Hey there,

I would say you pair the 7800X3D with the ASUS TUF Gaming B650-PLUS WiFi and G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB.

Remember, you cannot overclock the 7800x3d, and it is a very power efficient CPU, so you don't have to overspend on a flashy motherboard with top-tier VRM design (something thats meant for OC).

The ASUS TUF Gaming B650-PLUS WiFi has great port selection, PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot, and the pricing makes it a good value option as well.

For the RAM, I say G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB because it is truly one of the best kits I have ever tested. It offers great performance (remember, ryzen benefits from lower latency more than higher frequency), and i love the looks as well!

Of course, if you want a more thorough explanation along with some other options as well, I highly recommend you check our in-depth guides where we test and compare different components to rank the top ones for 7800x3d:

Reactions: MalikSajjad
Check this:

It is very well configured, my friend built a similar PC some weeks ago and he has no issues.

Hey there,

I would say you pair the 7800X3D with the ASUS TUF Gaming B650-PLUS WiFi and G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB.

Remember, you cannot overclock the 7800x3d, and it is a very power efficient CPU, so you don't have to overspend on a flashy motherboard with top-tier VRM design (something thats meant for OC).

The ASUS TUF Gaming B650-PLUS WiFi has great port selection, PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot, and the pricing makes it a good value option as well.

For the RAM, I say G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB because it is truly one of the best kits I have ever tested. It offers great performance (remember, ryzen benefits from lower latency more than higher frequency), and i love the looks as well!

Of course, if you want a more thorough explanation along with some other options as well, I highly recommend you check our in-depth guides where we test and compare different components to rank the top ones for 7800x3d:

I agree, I see many people recommending overclocking-tier motherboards for X3D chips.. ITS USELESS EVERYONE THESE ARE VERY EFFICIENT CPUS THAT CANT BE OVERCLOCKED!!!

The MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WiFi is a good option CORSAIR has some pretty good kits but please check wthether they support AMD expo or not.