Solved "Your PC needs to be repaired" Error Code 0xc00000e - Any Solutions?

Heyyy,

So I turned on my PC today, and I was greeted with a blue screen saying, "Your PC needs to be repaired" with error code 0xc00000e. 😖 Anyone know what’s going on and how to fix it?

I’ve tried a couple of things so far:
  • Restarting the PC multiple times
  • Using the Windows Installation media to repair (no luck there)
I’m a bit stuck and could really use some guidance. Has anyone been through this and found a solution?

Thanks!

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
Did you recently install any new hardware or software? Sometimes new installations can cause conflicts. Try removing any recent additions and see if that helps.

Hey, I've dealt with this error before. Here's what I did: First, make sure your boot configuration data isn't corrupted. Boot from a Windows installation media, go to the command prompt, and type these commands: 'bootrec /scanos', 'bootrec /fixmbr', 'bootrec /fixboot', and 'bootrec /rebuildbcd'.

If that doesn’t work, you might want to check your hardware for any loose connections. Also, running a memory check can sometimes highlight issues. Good luck!

Try booting into Safe Mode and running a system restore. It helped me once with a similar error!

Ugh, that error is the worst! I had it a few months ago, and resetting the BIOS to default settings fixed it for me.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your PC. The error code 0xc00000e typically indicates a problem with your system's boot configuration. Here are some steps you can follow to resolve this issue:

1. Check Boot Order in BIOS: Ensure that your primary hard drive is set as the first boot device.
  2. Run Startup Repair: Boot from your Windows installation media, select "Repair your computer," and choose "Startup Repair."
  3. Rebuild Boot Configuration Data:
    • Boot from the Windows installation media.
    • Select "Repair your computer" and then "Command Prompt."
    • Run the following commands:
      bootrec /scanos
      bootrec /fixmbr
      bootrec /fixboot
      bootrec /rebuildbcd
  4. Check for Hardware Issues: Ensure all internal cables are securely connected and there are no loose components.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, you might want to consider backing up your data and performing a clean installation of Windows. For further assistance, you can refer to this detailed guide: Microsoft Support - Error Code 0xc00000e.

Best of luck, and feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

This message is a solution!