Solved My hand gets really uncomfortable after playing CS2 for a while

I only play one game and thats CS2 I recently got myself a Corsair M65 Ultra but I guess there is something wrong with the way I am holding it because my hands really hurt (esp the wrist part) after gaming for a while.

I am not so sure about the way mouse grips work should I change the way I hold my mouse?

This thread has been solved! Go to solution…
Wrist hurting may be caused by wrong grip, but whats your posture? Is your wrist straight? Or is it bending downward/upward from the table?

Was your wrist hurting with the previous mouse? Or the only thing you changed was the mouse?

Got this off of chatgpt, hope it helps

Grip StyleDescriptionProsConsAdjustments/Tips
Palm GripEntire hand rests on the mouse, fingers lay flatComfortable, natural position; good for long sessionsLess precise than other gripsEnsure wrist is not resting on the table; use arm to move mouse
Claw GripPalm rests on back of mouse, fingers arch upMore control and faster movementsCan cause fatigue if used for long periodsKeep fingers relaxed; take breaks to avoid tension
Fingertip GripOnly fingertips touch the mouse; palm doesn't contactHigh precision and speedMore strain on fingers and wristMaintain a neutral wrist position; take frequent breaks

The M65 Ultra doesnt look that comfortable (Never saw one in real life, just looked at its pics).

Anyways, you should watch this video about mouse grips:

It sounds like your grip might be the issue. There are three main types of mouse grips that you might want to try:

1. Palm Grip: Your entire hand rests on the mouse, with your fingers laying flat on the buttons. This grip offers good support and is usually the most comfortable for extended periods. It's great if you prefer relaxed movements and smoother control.
  2. Claw Grip: Your palm rests on the back of the mouse, and your fingers arch up to press the buttons. This grip provides more precise control for fast movements, but it can cause more strain if used for long periods.
  3. Fingertip Grip: Only your fingertips touch the mouse, with your palm hovering above it. This grip allows for very quick and precise movements but offers the least support, which might lead to strain over time.
Given that you're experiencing wrist pain, you might want to start with the palm grip, as it tends to be the most ergonomic. Make sure your wrist is supported and that your arm is at a comfortable angle. You might also want to adjust your mouse sensitivity to reduce the amount of movement required.

Additionally, check your overall setup – your chair, desk height, and even how you position your arm can all contribute to wrist strain. Make sure you're taking breaks and stretching your wrist and fingers regularly.

This message is a solution!
It sounds like your grip might be the issue. There are three main types of mouse grips that you might want to try:

1. Palm Grip: Your entire hand rests on the mouse, with your fingers laying flat on the buttons. This grip offers good support and is usually the most comfortable for extended periods. It's great if you prefer relaxed movements and smoother control.
  2. Claw Grip: Your palm rests on the back of the mouse, and your fingers arch up to press the buttons. This grip provides more precise control for fast movements, but it can cause more strain if used for long periods.
  3. Fingertip Grip: Only your fingertips touch the mouse, with your palm hovering above it. This grip allows for very quick and precise movements but offers the least support, which might lead to strain over time.
Given that you're experiencing wrist pain, you might want to start with the palm grip, as it tends to be the most ergonomic. Make sure your wrist is supported and that your arm is at a comfortable angle. You might also want to adjust your mouse sensitivity to reduce the amount of movement required.

Additionally, check your overall setup – your chair, desk height, and even how you position your arm can all contribute to wrist strain. Make sure you're taking breaks and stretching your wrist and fingers regularly.
Thanks a lot!